3.11.2010

Red Carpet: Dilettante Style

In case you missed the Oscars, or even worse, the Red Carpet show on E! we have the recap right here for you. The Red Carpet on the Academy and Grammy Awards give us a glimpse of evening trends for the upcoming spring. This year, we saw lots of nude shades, and tons of glamour and femininity with ruffles and sparkles.

Here are some of the standouts, some great and some not-so-great....


With such a beautiful face, I think that Charlize Theron should draw attention to her face, not her bust. Unfortunately, this is precisely what this dress does, as the rosettes draw your eye directly to her chest. Not my favorite.

Charlize Theron in Dior




I love Zoe Saldana, and I think she's gorgeous! However, this dress didn't do it for me. I love the top and the bottom separately, but together it overwhelms me.


Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Couture


I think that this dress could have been successful on someone, but it was not on Diane.
Diane Kruger in Chanel Couture


I love Gabourey Sidibe's personality and confidence, but this dress is not a good fit for her body. Also, her hair doesn't match the dress and does not look intentional.

Gabourey Sidibe in Marchesa


I love this dress! The detail is gorgeous, and I love the pop of color with the red lipstick and nail polish.

Cameron Diaz in Oscar de la Renta



Though I think Vera is a little pale for this dress (and I don't like the matching lipstick), I adore this dress. I love the texture and flow of the ruffles, and the fit is great.

Vera Famiga in Marchesa




This was my absolute favorite look of the evening. This dress fits Elizabeth's body impeccably and the hair and makeup complement the look extremely well.


Elizabeth Banks in Versace

all photos courtesy of elle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment